Earn your WHMIS Awareness certificate upon successful completion of this course
Canadian regulations assign clear responsibilities to suppliers of hazardous materials as well as employers who require their workers to handle such products.
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) mandates product labelling, material safety data sheets (MSDSs), and training to ensure workers are properly informed of the dangers in the workplace and how to avoid them. Whether you are a chemical supplier, employer, importer, supervisor, or simply a worker involved in the day-to-day handling of chemicals, you must know about WHMIS.
WHMIS AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Overview of Canadian federal and provincial regulations
- Responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers
- Different classes of hazardous materials and the risk involved in their use
- Supplier label requirements related to information, design, and location
- Workplace labelling options
- Material safety data sheets
- Training requirements
- Special cases