A busy workplace only moves as fast as its supervisors. These men and women who make sure everything comes together at a job site are under a huge amount of pressure, and making mistakes at this level can be fatal. With laws and legislation changing constantly, the modern supervisor must be efficient, knowledgeable, and put the safety of their people above all else. This course will provide a thorough understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other key pieces of health and safety legislation; the duties, rights, and responsibilities of workers and employers; the details of Joint Health & Safety Committees; and the basics of criminal justice in the workplace. This course, which references Ontario legislation, provides valuable information and best practices that will benefit all supervisors.
- Roles, rights, and responsibilities of workers and employers
- The OH&S Act and Regulations defined
- Health and safety representation
- Joint Health & Safety Committee duties and powers
- Bill C45 and criminal negligence
- Criminal justice in the workplace